•June 9, 2014 • 1 Comment
After 5 years, I’ve decided to close Rage Quitters. This has always been more of a hobby site and a place to try out new programming techniques that I wanted to try out. With my love of fighting games and my annoyance of people constantly dropping matches, I put this site together after The Bad Losers Wall of Shame stopped updating.
I think it’s time to close the site and try something new. Thank you for the supporters that have frequented this site and that I’m sorry and I don’t really know what else to say about it.
•January 24, 2013 • Leave a Comment
You thought this site was dead didn’t you? I did as well. Rage Quitters doesn’t get many visitors but there are still visitors and I’ve been wanting to update the site for a long time now.
Finally completed today and here’s what’s new:
- Everything has been redone from scratch from the database to the front end to the technology used.
- Responsive design so you can view the site on just about any device. Although, if you’re on a small screen, it’ll be a bit hard to actually see the pictures if it’s words.
- A better filtering system. Easier to use compared to using the drop downs on the previous versions.
- Bigger pictures right away. No more having to click on the image to view it. You can see the full size right away.
- Multiple images/videos per submission now up to 5 items. So you can mix and match your uploads rather than having to squeeze everything into one image.
- A better submission form to use rather than the previous one, while I thought was cool, wasn’t very maintainable and the previous one wouldn’t have worked for the multiple images/videos.
- You can add an email to your submission so you can be alerted when it either is accepted or rejected rather than not knowing.
- Uses Google’s search rather than the crappy one that was on the site previously.
- An actual user profile and user options including the ability to delete your account.
- A report functionality for submissions to let me know if something needs re-evaluating.
- Moved comment system to Disqus rather than hosting it myself. This allows for better functionality than my basic comments that were previously implemented.
Technologies that Rage Quitters is built on:
- .NET 4.0 MVC
- MS SQL 2012
- Entity Framework 4.0
Front end technologies used
•September 3, 2011 • 1 Comment
I have added the function to view your saved submissions (Hearted) when you log in.
Just click on the “hearted” link on the right to view them.
•August 27, 2011 • Leave a Comment
Alright, it’s been a long time coming but the website has finally been updated.
- Cleaned up the general layout of the site.
- The listing doesn’t show the information until you hover over the picture.
- The submission form has been moved to it’s own page so if you want, you can bookmark it directly now rather than coming to the site and then clicking on submit.
- Changed the look of the Top section so it actually makes sense for some of the listing.
- Random shows 18 submissions instead of just the standard 9.
I have noticed some weird problems that have cropped up but i’m working on fixing them.
If you’re logged in, you can “heart” submissions. Going to be adding a section for logged in users so they can view the following
- Commented on
I know that everything should have been released as a set but I was getting tired of looking at the previous layout.
Anyways, thanks for sticking around!
•December 14, 2010 • 9 Comments
Sorry there haven’t been many updates lately. Been extremely busy but I’ve found the time to update the Top section so you can view the past 7 days, 30 days, 365 days and all time.
•September 6, 2010 • Leave a Comment
Turns out, whoever the previous owner was that owned ragequitters.com has opted not to renew the domain and I have had it on backorder for the longest time and it finally was released to the public today and was instantly grabbed!
So now you no longer need to type in the hyphen to get here!
•July 24, 2010 • Leave a Comment
You can now view your profile. Access this section by clicking on Your Profile directly under your name once you log in.
At the moment, it’s pretty basic but it allows you to change your display name. Eventually, I’ll be adding more information to this section.